Musical Evenings at the Hôtel Le Marois – Cercle France-Amériques
An exceptional setting for unforgettable concerts.
Located in Paris’ “Golden Triangle”, near the Champs-Élysées, the Le Marois Hôtel was built in 1863 by the Comte de Marois who was an arts lover and collector. His father, the General de Marois had been distinguished by the Empire for his illustrious behaviour on the battlefield and was Napoleon’s best man in his mariage to Joséphine de Beauharnais.
The building was erected on the site of a town house inhabited by Marie Duplessis, a court lady known for her beauty and her wit and who ran a salon visited by intellectuals and men of letters of the day.
She gave Alexandre Dumas and Verdi respectively the inspiration for “la Dame aux Camélias” and “Violetta Valéry” in La Traviata.
The town house remainedthe property of the Le Marois family until 1927 when it sold it to the France-Amériques Association, founded in 1909 by the diplomat and Académie Française member Gabriel Hanotaux, with the objective to promote relations between France and the American continent. To this day, it remains the preferred meeting place of French and American elites in diplomacy, business, and culture.